April 16th


Yesterday, the nephrologist ordered that Greg be given some IV fluids. He was encouraged enough by his kidney function to try the addition of some fluid.  They believe he has some type of metabolic encephalopathy. He and the infectious disease doctors are working very hard trying to find the right combination of meds to pull Greg out of this. At this point, we simply don’t know if there will be permanent brain damage, or not. I will keep praying not.

About these ads

5 Comments (+add yours?)

  1. Freda Henderson
    Apr 16, 2011 @ 07:16:01

    So will I Randi. I hope they find the right combination soon.

    Reply

  2. Margo
    Apr 16, 2011 @ 07:37:36

    I hope you know how many people are wishing you both well.
    Hugs….

    Reply

  3. Diana W
    Apr 16, 2011 @ 13:48:57

    I will keep praying for him and you as well. Keep your chin up and accept ALL offers of help. You have been on my mind a lot in the last month or so. I hope he turns around soon and you can get him home where he belongs.
    Hugs from Michigan.

    Reply

  4. Jorja
    Apr 16, 2011 @ 14:07:44

    Still praying hard – (((((HUGS))))).

    Reply

  5. sammi
    Apr 16, 2011 @ 19:12:58

    Still right here holding you close.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 39 other followers

%d bloggers like this: