Yes! I have a good stash report this week.
I busted 2/3 yd making the binding for this quilt that has been waiting to be bound for almost two years. I love this quilt and it will feel so good to finish it!
I pulled 6 yds out to make two king pillow shams for my cousin, to go with the quilt she commissioned last year. I wanted to quilt them, and I’ve never done shams before, so I might have used a little for than necessary to cut the sham tops from, but better a little extra leftover than short. I used 3 yds on top, and 3 yds of a plain cream fabric for the lining. Then, when I get this quilted and ready to finish, I will use more of the top fabric for the backings.
I used another yard on my light version 9P & stripe, adding the first inner border. I should have pressed it before taking the pic, but oh well.
I busted the most on these log cabin blocks. The quilt will be a queen…8 &2/3 yds. so far! I think I want to use the “windmill” layout, but I will have to play with them some more before I make up my mind completely.
And I’m starting to see some significant progress in my leaders/enders project from Bonnie Hunter’s site. I have 60 of my 100 four patches done, for the Oklahoma Backroads quilt I am making as a surprise for my Mom.
Total stash busted this week is 16 yards, if I did the math right. I need to avoid those “thirds”. So for the year, I’m still in the hole -17.75 yds. But I’m getting closer to a positive number! I haven’t even been tempted to buy any new stash!
My body stash busting…not so good still. Especially not since I made that Pineapple Crack Delight that Freda posted. Thanks a lot, Freda! Sunday weigh-in was 145. Really, really got get that going back in the right direction!
Have a great week!